As part of the invitation for anglers – things to do on the weekends, when the rivers are closed…
Sports bar for the latest games!
- Boston Pizza Smithers – enjoy pub food, your favourite beverage and the game on the big screens.
- Alpenhorn Restaurant & Bar – steelheader friendly establishment, come check out the menu and the wine list plus nightly specials.
Smithers is the place to start your outdoor adventure….
Whether you enjoy horseback riding, hiking, golfing, rafting, fishing or skiing – you will find your activity of choice here. Surrounded by mountains, dotted with lakes and divided by rivers and streams the Bulkley Valley wants to be explored. The history of the prospector can be found in the mountains in old mines and artifacts.
- Golf – Smithers Golf and Country Club, Championship Course, 18 holes, with club house and golf pro on site. Also, Smithers Par 3 & RV site, on the shore of the Bulkley River, a 18 hole par 3 golf course, putting green and driving range with campsite offering everything from tenting to full hook-ups.
- Hiking – whether your idea of a good hike is a couple of hours of easy walking, or ten days of wilderness trekking – you’ve come to the right place.
- Mountain Biking – the Bulkley Valley is prime mountain biking country.
- Canoe, Kayak, Raft – Smithers is a padders dream.
- Moricetown Canyon – a must see located along Highway 16 in Moricetown.
- Oscars Source for Adventure – Visit the local fishing experts for info, trips, maps & to purchase the latest fishing gear and supplies.
- Bulkley Adventures – Jet Boat Tours, Heli-excursions, Lake Tubing, and more.
A bit of local culture…
- BV Museum – corner of Highway 16 and Main Street, open 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday…but you are invited to enjoy the self-guided Smithers Culture Crawl. Brochures can be found at hotels, campgrounds and the fishing shops.
- Smithers Art Gallery – at the corner of Highway 16 and Main Street, open 12noon – 5pm Monday through Friday and from 9am – 4pm on Saturday.
- BV Farmers Market – top up on fresh food at the market…everything from fresh coffee and a variety of ready to eat treats, bread, preserves, local produce, meat and eggs can be found at the market. Every Saturday from 8am until noon until the end of September. There is always music at the market to, so it is a must see event.
- Roi Theatre – for a night out at the movies. Located in downtown Smithers on 4th avenue, ½ a block off Main Street. With 3 screens, there is something for everyone…enjoy popcorn and the movie.
- Shoe-House – take a scenic drive to the Shoe-House! Remember the nursery rhyme “There was an old woman who lived in a shoe….” Well you can see the shoe house for your self. Enjoy a drive west of Smithers to Kitseguecla Lake Road, drive along the countryside and you will see the shoe-house on the left side of the road. Travel on a few more km’s and you will find lovely camping, paddling and shore fishing at Taltzen Lake or Kitseguecla Lake – both BC Rec Sites – with camping and shore fishing opportunities.
- Smithers Public Library – books, Internet access and more at the library. Hours: Mon 12 – 5, Tues 12 -9, Wed 12 – 5, Thurs 12 – 9, Fri 12 -5, and Saturday 10:30 – 5.
For more information, please visit Tourism Smithers http://www.tourismsmithers.com/